REMOTE POSITION - Actively Hiring
LIFE IS SHORT. DO WORK THAT MATTERS.
This Patient Account Specialist - Disputes position is ideal for a people person who enjoys problem-solving, investigating and resolving customer complaints. In addition, this detail-oriented role resolves compliance issues and questions. This is a career opportunity for a detail-oriented person with exceptional oral and written communication skills. A working knowledge of patient co-pays, deductibles, financial assistance and/or charity care, hospital billing, and medical insurance are preferred.
This is a Monday through Friday, full-time position. We are looking for individuals who have the ability to work a 8.5 hour shift between the hours of 8:00am - 5:00pm (EST).
You must live in one of the following states to be eligible for a remote opportunity: FL, SC, NC, GA, TX, TN or VA.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Gather records from all relevant sources pertinent to specific inquiries and matters; review them for completeness and accuracy and position accounts for appropriate and timely follow-up
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Review and analyze accounts by examining historical data, evaluating past efforts, using intuition and utilizing information received in a variety of formats (i.e. written, verbal, etc.) and from a variety of sources (i.e. consumer, consumer’s representatives, credit reporting agencies, regulatory entities, clients, etc.)
- Verify and/or obtain updated demographics on each contact
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with company and client expectations as well as all relevant local, state and federal regulations
- Transcribe all actions taken within the FACS system and as required, client systems
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), Florida Consumer Collections Practices Act (FCCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) rules, and all other statutes, laws and regulations pertinent to the collection industry as well as industries served
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Customer service mindset
- Minimum of 1 year of health insurance billing and follow up experience
- Passion for customer service and ability to energize others
- Demonstrated track record of working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional reading, writing and oral communication skills
Salary & Benefits
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- Work from home opportunity
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with a company match
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
- Rewarding career opportunities
Who Are We?
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is an accounts receivable management company that connects consumers and businesses through customer-centric account resolution. We are in the business of helping consumers understand their healthcare bills and assisting them in resolving balances in a compassionate and friendly manner. We are a well-established company that values our staff, our clients, and the customers we all serve.
BCA Financial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keyword Search: customer service, credit, collections, accounts receivable, billing, billing clerk, collections clerk, patient account, medical, insurance, revenue cycle, patient financial, disputes, disputes resolution, grievance, hospital billing, medical revenue cycle, revenue cycle, healthcare billing,